About Alpha Chi
The name Alpha Chi comes from the first letters of the Greek words Aletheia (Truth) and XAPAKTHP (Character), and how that truth is defined for Alpha Chi is demonstrated by the following character traits:
· Tenacity for improved communication skills and a willingness to reflect on our societal impact
· Respect and reason in discourse that leads to responsible and purposeful action
· Understanding of different world views and truths with empathy
· Thoughtful and character-driven use of intellectual leadership
· Humility that encourages each other to growth
Alpha Chi's mission is to broaden the collegiate experience by:
· Encouraging Student Creativity and Research
· Fostering Excellence and Service in Action
· Promoting Personal Growth through Diversity
· Equipping Compassionate Listeners and Leaders
· Providing a Path for Academic and Professional Mentoring
· Exemplifying How to Make Scholarship Effective for Good
For students wanting to learn more about Alpha Chi, review the Alpha Chi Difference.
As Alpha Chi begins its second century, additional focus will be given to promoting critical, constructive, inclusive, and respectful conversations about important societal matters that contribute to one’s search for truth and personal growth.
The Value of Alpha Chi to University Life
Alpha Chi gives your most gifted students a place to thrive. An Alpha Chi chapter helps to fuel a robust intellectual life both inside and outside the classroom, offering high-achieving students opportunities to engage with a community of peers on campus and across the country.
Invigorates your campus’ intellectual life. Our chapters celebrate and cultivate the life of the scholar. Chapters often sponsor lectures, forums, debates, workshops, and publication opportunities, events that cultivate the scholarly community and benefit both members and non-members alike.
Offers leadership and service opportunities. Alpha Chi offers resume-building opportunities as leaders of campus chapters and national governance. Project planning, public speaking, organizational development, and effective fundraising are all valuable skills fostered in healthy chapters.
Fosters collaboration among your best and brightest. Alpha Chi breaks down departments and institutional divisions. Multidisciplinary in membership, Alpha Chi facilitates interaction and friendships among your most high achieving students.
Offers a rich source for scholarships and financial awards. Alpha Chi offers many grants, scholarships, fellowships, awards, and travel stipends to support undergraduate and graduate scholarship. Provides excellent incentives for top-performing students, especially at institutions without robust endowments.
For faculty and administrators interested in bringing a chapter to a college campus, read Alpha Chi - Effective for Good.
Alpha Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, the national accreditation association for university honor societies.