At the end of each academic year, each chapter of Alpha Chi is asked to send its Annual Report. These reports are used each summer to determine which chapters have earned recognition as a Star Chapter or a Notable Chapter.
Chapters achieving the Star Chapter honorific will receive an embossed certificate for presentation and display on campus. In addition, a formal letter of recognition will be mailed to the institution president and provost. A list of the chapters will be published in the Newsletter and here on the Alpha Chi National web site.
An Alpha Chi chapter may annually receive the prestigious Star Chapter designation by meeting the following criteria:
- New members must be invited, registered, and inducted during the academic year.
- The Annual Chapter Report must be filed with the National Office by September 1.
- A minimum of one sponsor and one student delegate must attend the annual national convention.
- A minimum of one student presentation must be made at the annual national convention.
- At least one national Gaston/Nolle, Sledge/Benedict, or Pryor application must be submitted each academic year.
- At least one on-campus scholarly/academic program must be sponsored during the academic year.
- One nomination for Honorary Membership must be submitted during the academic year; this nominee may not be a chapter advisor. (This criterion was added in 2020.)