An Alpha Chi chapter may annually receive the prestigious Star Chapter designation by meeting the following criteria:
- A minimum of one sponsor and one student delegate must attend the annual national convention.
- A minimum of one student presentation must be made at the annual national convention.
- At least one national Nolle, Benedict, or Pryor application (for national scholarships) must be submitted each academic year.
- At least one scholarly/academic program must be sponsored on campus during the academic year.
- New members must be inducted and registered during the academic year.
- The Annual Chapter Report must be filed with the National Office by September 1.
Beginning September 1 each year, the National Office will review the Annual Chapter Reports for chapters that meet the Star Chapter requirements. Certificates will be shipped to the Star Chapters for presentation locally. A list of the chapters will be published in the Newsletter and on the Alpha Chi National web site.