An Alpha Chi chapter may annually receive the prestigious Star Chapter designation by meeting the following criteria:
- A minimum of one sponsor and one student delegate must attend the annual national convention.
- A minimum of one student presentation must be made at the annual national convention.
- At least one national Gaston/Nolle, Sledge/Benedict, or Pryor application must be submitted each academic year.
- One nomination must be submitted for Honorary Membership during the academic year. (Item 4 not required prior to 2020-21.)
- At least one on-campus scholarly/academic program must be sponsored during the academic year.
- New members must be registered and inducted during the academic year.
- The Annual Chapter Report must be filed with the National Office no later than September 1.
Beginning September 1 each year, the National Office will review the reports for chapters that meet the Star Chapter requirements. Certificates will be shipped to the Star Chapters for presentation locally. A list of the chapters will be published in the Newsletter and on the Alpha Chi National web site.