At the end of each academic year, each chapter of Alpha Chi is asked to send its Annual Report. These reports are used each summer to determine which chapters have earned recognition as a Star Chapter or a Notable Chapter.
Chapters achieving the Notable Chapter honorific will receive an embossed certificate for presentation and display on campus. In addition, a formal letter of recognition will be mailed to the institution president and provost. A list of the chapters will be published in the Newsletter and here on the Alpha Chi National web site.
An Alpha Chi chapter may annually receive recognition as a Notable Chapter by achieving these benchmarks of healthy chapter life:
- New members must be invited, registered, and inducted during the academic year.
- The Annual Chapter Report must be filed with the National Office by September 1.
And, additionally, any three of the following:
- At least one national Gaston/Nolle, Sledge/Benedict, or Pryor application must be submitted each academic year.
- A minimum of one sponsor and one student delegate must attend the annual national convention.
- A minimum of one student presentation must be made at the annual national convention.
- At least one on-campus scholarly/academic program must be sponsored during the academic year.
- One nomination must be submitted for Honorary Membership during the academic year.